Ronald McDonald House BC and Yukon cares for families of children whose health needs take them far from home and keeps families together, providing comfort, compassion, and a sense of community when it matters most.
Gift A Moment for a family at Ronald McDonald House Bc and Yukon by donating HERE
Meet the families who call RMH BC a home away from home while their seriously ill child receives treatment by clicking HERE
- Ronald McDonald House BC and Yukon is a home away from home for families who must travel to Vancouver for their child’s major medical treatment.
- Ronald McDonald House also Operates the Family Room in Surrey Memorial Hospital to serve families whose child is being treated there.
- Started in 1983, Ronald McDonald House BC is celebrating 35 years of service to families in 2018.
- In 2014, the new Ronald McDonald House opened on the Children’s Hospital Campus. The new House is 70, 000 square feet.
- Ronald McDonald House BC can accommodate 73 families each night, and serves approximately 2,000 families each year.
- Ronald McDonald House BC is 573 steps from Children’s Hospital, which keeps families close to treatment and their seriously ill child.
- Ronald McDonald House BC is the second largest house in Canada and 5th largest in the world.
- 150 regular volunteers’ help run the House and its programs including: yoga, gardening, massage, movie nights, LEGO Robotics and more.
- The House also provides programs and support for kids and parents that are facing the serious illness of a child.
- Some of Ronald McDonald House BC programs like the Family Meals program, and Art & Music therapy, help families cope with the challenges they face, both financial and emotional.
- Ronald MCDonald House BC receives funding from many sources within the communities they serve. Corporate Sponsors, Individual Donors, McDonald’s Restaurants of Canada and third party fundraisers all contribute to making the House a home for families.
- When they can, families contribute $12 per night to stay at the House. The actual cost of one night’s stay for a family is $120/ night.
- McDonald’s funds approximately 30% of the House’s budget through grants, McHappy Day proceeds and coin box contributions from customers.
- Ronald MCDonald House BC receives no government funding.
- Ronald McDonald House BC & Yukon depends on community support to provide welcoming accommodations for up to 2,000 families a year.
- 31% of families stay at the House twice or more each year, and money raised today will help ease the financial and emotional burden for families.